Sunday, December 8

My Kawaii Hair Accessory Collection!~

Hello everyone:)

A sweet way to create a cute, kawaii-inspired look is through hair accessories. One of the things you can actually find quite easily in the UK is exactly that! I've also included a couple of online pages for you to have a look at and I will be working on posting some hair tutorials using these accessories!


First, the bobbles.

These are both from New Look for around £3 each. They are both great for sweetening up a pony tail, especially a side pony. The plaid looks great in the winter with the scarves I was talking about in my last post, if you can get one to match it well. The pearl one works really well with pastel colours, especially white and baby pink combinations. 


The bows! Bows are the first thing you'll probably notice a lot in Japanese styles, and the majority of the bows we see in our shops over here have been inspired by them. 

The first one is a frilly, little bow from Primark, it comes in a set of two (my best friend stole the other) for I think a pound or two. It goes perfectly with a frilly outfit or cream colour theme. 

The black shiny bow is from Claire's accessories, it comes in a variety of colours and has a handy secure snap clip at the back. I actually bought this bow because I was inspired by South Korean origins, in the first episode of Dream High, Hye Mi (Suzy from Miss A) wears a really cute hair style that went perfectly with the bow, see? If you would like a tutorial I'd be happy to post it, please comment below!


The little bow on a bobby pin beneath it is a really cute, vintage, modern times (IU) inspired bow in emerald green with a black lace pattern. It also came with a royal blue colour and if I remember correctly, it's from Primark also. 

The big cream bow is from Claire's accessories for £4.50 and is absolutely perfect for dressing up a bun or half up-do. It totally screams cute gyaru and is available in a number of colours. 

The final bow is a denim bow with a crocodile clip at the back. It's really sweet to go with loose wavy/curly hair in spring or summer, but not so great in the season right now.


These mini clips are really popular right now and super cute. They remind me of someone really elegant like from Boys over Flowers or something, and they work so well with all types of hair, messy or neat. These are from New Look, where they are most available in so many different designs, here are a few more clips from there:







The hairbands.

It's quite difficult to photograph these well, but I've my best!


The first one is pretty rose themed embellished hairband from New Look. The little details and intricate design can help to really dress up an otherwise plain outfit, and give it a sense of sweetness and elegance.

The second is my favourite gyaru hairband, from Claire's accessories. I contemplated on buying it for ages before I became interested in Gyaru fashion, then as soon as I started loving it I bought it straight away, it's one of my first Gyaru inspired pieces. It's so cute and youthful, I love wearing it to school with loose, baggy clothing and a little skirt, so adorable...




The next is a cute golden and cream coloured bow hair band from New Look. It was strange actually, I got this hair band as a gift and I was trying to decide whether to buy it or not the day before I received it, the gift had spoken! 

The last is also one of my favorites, I got it as a gift from my best friend last Christmas (who bought it right in front of me and then made me carry it around the rest of the day in my bag ^_^) for £4 from River Island. They only seemed to sell these once, when my brother's fiance saw it she really wanted one for herself, but the only one left had pearls missing from it, so we bought it and I managed to find a couple of little beads that worked perfectly to fix it. These hair bands were also inspired from South Korea first (I think). They are available in other stores all year round. 


I love wearing this hair band with crimped hair in the Summer/Spring time, I got so many compliments wearing it to school too. It really brings out a lot of bounce and volume into your hair, and gives a girl-y, sweet. These appear, more in the summer time, in all shops like New Look, River Island and Top Shop, so have a look out for them. I'll put up some tutorials with it if you like!


A bit of DIY and home made!

I made this bow from a cute measuring tape material I found in my local craft shop. Bow tutorial coming soon!

The bottom clip is an adorable vintage style feather from www.etsy.com, perfect for those who love writing as much as I do, reminds me of a quill!


I also collect a lot of ribbons for various hairstyles as well, but there's so many I couldn't possibly show you them all! My best advice is to collect ribbons from wherever you can, off presents, wrappings, sales in craft shops - anywhere! They work great for sweet gyaru hair styles. I keep mine in a little tub:3



As you can probably tell, I mentioned a lot of "Tell me if you want", since this is a new blog there's so many possibilities for posts, instead of just doing everything, please tell me what you're interested in reading!

Still, I started this less than 24 hours ago and it's had a hundred page views, thank you so much! It's very encouraging and I hope to write a lot more posts in the future.

Thank you very much for reading,
ありがとございました!
さよなら!~

Li xx

No comments:

Post a Comment