Sunday, December 15

OOTD ~ (15.12.13) ~ Kawaii, Cute, Winter and all from UK! (&Update in pictures)

Hello friends!

Yesterday I went to see the pantomime (Cinderella for those of you who are wondering). I thought this would be a good opportunity to show you all my casual outfit of the day (although I wore it for two), as I need to be cheered up from missing the Sherlock premiere, (which looked incredible and I'm trying for tickets next time) and also because I have some nice, gyaru inspired yet wearable pieces to show you all.

Also, I don't normally watch the X-factor, but oh, oh... Tom Odell was glorious last night. I love his soulful voice and his cluster-y style piano playing, they melt together like a sweet rocky road... I must say though, I was hoping Luke would win. He's original, cheery, humble, and extremely talented.

Okay here's the outfit in simple form I'm going to break this post up with some other things so it's not too boring...



So, here is the kind of simple look. I apologise in advance for the terrible lighting, please don't blame my beautiful camera. I'm teamed an emerald green, crepe-y textured blouse with my beloved faux leather skirt, some cosy black tights and my favourite cream crotchet boots. I also had on some little frilly socks that you can't really see here. The skirt is currently on sale on Miss Selfridge, get it quick though! The shirt was from Primark for around £8/12, (can't remember exactly) and also comes in cream, burgundy etc. etc. and is in stock right now. I love how the buttons are hidden, it looks very chic and slimming, and trust me, after the amount of chocolate I've eaten, I'm definitely needing something slimming! Diets only last until Christmas, right? Well, I've done pretty well this year, dieting has become quite fun after all, because on those rare occasions like tonight, I can eat to my heart's content, and still wear a size 8!

Anyway, enough about my uninteresting problems,

These cosy tights are life savers too - sorry, but I find it really uncomfortable to wear jeans, and skirts are bloody freezing in the winter. Luckily Primark sells these gorgeously snug cosy tights, with fluffy insides for around £2, that have lasted me the past year. Since I live in Scotland, I kid you not, I have worn these in the summer on multiple occasions. Ah, to be warm.

The boot, I spoke about in my last post. £30 from New Look, online exclusive, super cute.


Ahh! Look what I got for a secret Santa present! I love it so much. Combines some my favourite things, Sherlock, London and stuff that can go on my wall. I used to have a massive area of the wall above my bed I called "The Wall of Stuff", covered in photos and concert tickets etc. I miss it so much. I had to take it down when we decided to move house. It was like watching all of my memories being shoved into a bin. I stupidly stuck it all on with sticky tape so I couldn't save much of it.


Ahah... aha... ah. Oh, posing is fun. To be honest, I don't really know if I'm a self-conscious person or not. Okay, well everyone is self-conscious, but I mean, I worry more about sounding stupid than looking good, and I'm more concerned with accurately presenting who I am in my head on the outside rather than how good I look, which may or not be a healthy alternative. I'm trying to get a good balance of having a personality and showing it without forcing my interests onto people and showing off... Rambling... rambling...

Moving on...


Amazing Sherlock card from my friend, well played.


The warmer version of the outfit. I layered on a cute bunny jumper and my lucky tartan scarf for the night-time. So cosy. However, even after 3 washes, it's still leaving fluff everywhere. Tut tut. The jumper is cashmere, and at £45 from Topshop it's a bit more up-market from my usual stuff. My theory is that you can get a perfect balance of luxury and budget, by choosing the right things to splash out on. For example, I don't really like buying expensive food, sweets, I bring my own lunches to school, mascaras (they dry out pretty quickly) etc, but, I'll always save a few pennies for a great winter jumper, foundation, a dress or jewelry. This way it's less about buying everything cheap or everything expensive, and the things that should last long really do, and the things that don't, well they didn't cost much to begin with anyway!


Me pulling an ugly face.

Also my feels right now because I'm not at the Sherlock premiere. For those of you who don't know, Sherlock (BBC) is an incredible new modern drama based on the original books. It's absolutely brilliant and you should definitely check it out. The first two seasons have a grand total of... six episodes. Yes, six. The last was two years ago and ended on a massive cliff-hanger, so you can see why I'd be so desperate to go... Next time for sure.


The bunny jumper un-covered.


The shirt and skirt up-close.


The cute little lunch box and spork on the left are from my secret santa, they match my mug from Japan Centre, London so well! They are from Paperchase:)



Also, anyone else watch Cheerleaders on AwesomenessTV? They just uploaded the latests episode and at around 3 minutes in... like... WHAT IS ROBERT DOING? Seriously, go watch it, it's hilarious.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this post! I cannot wait for Christmas now, the amount of fandom merch. and adorable things I've asked for, I swear...

I'll see you all next week (probably) for a new post, the plans are either...


- Artwork related post (so I can show off my less than mediocre pieces)
- The best makeup (high street and up-market)
- Safe, effective, healthy eating tips (from a year's dieting experience)
- Best online Japanese clothing stores
- How to make DIY bows

Okay, see you then!
- Li xx

No comments:

Post a Comment